Mariam El Masry
Mariam El Masry is a member in the Mergers & Acquisitions Department since 2010. Ms. El Masry specialises in several fields of law, on which she gives day to day advice, including Civil Law, Companies Law, Capital Market Law, IT Law and Labour Law.
Ms. El Masry conducted various due diligence reviews on companies of diverse sectors and participated in the drafting of the relevant transaction documents, mainly the contracts necessary in the M&A transactions such as Share Purchase Agreements, Shareholders Agreements and Escrow Agreements. She has also been involved in major IPO’s and private placements, which includes drafting the relevant sections of the International Prospectus or Offering Memorandum and review of underwriting agreements and/or any other agreements necessary for the IPO.
Furthermore, Ms. El Masry has helped in providing a number of major oil and gas companies with legal advice on concession agreements and regulatory issues pertaining thereto and has been seconded for more than three years in one of the major oil and gas companies in Egypt.
Recently, Ms. El Masry was part of the team which advised on the following:
- The listing and IPO of Cleopatra Hospital Company on the EGX;
- The first dual listing on EGX and NASDAQ Dubai of Orascom Construction;
- The acquisition of 85.9% the issued shares of the Egyptian Company for Foods – BiscoMisr through a Competitive Mandatory Tender Offer for 100% of its shares; and
- The acquisition of 76% of Tanmeyah Microenterprise Services S.A.E by EFG Hermes.
- The acquisition by Cleopatra Hospital Company (a subsidiary of Abraaj Group) of Al Shorouk Hospital Company and Nil Badrawi Hospital Company.
Ms. El Masry obtained a Master I and Master II (equivalent to LL.M degree) in International and European Business Law from Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne in association with Cairo University (“IDAI”) as well as a double formation in Egyptian and French Law (an LL.B in International and European Business Law with Honours from Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne in association with Cairo University “Licence en Droit des Affaires Internationales et Européennes” and an LL.B in Egyptian Law from Cairo University).
Ms. El Masry has obtained a French Baccalaureate in Economics and Social Studies with Honours from the Lycée Français du Caire.
Arabic, English and French.
Egyptian Bar Association